Monday 30 July 2012

Beef Satay Stir Fry

I have to 'fess up here.  I made this just for my husband and I because I had some steak which needed eating up and it was a nursery day so Pumpkin had his tea there but I am 100% confident my son will like this and there's nothing in there he can't or won't eat.  It's a tasty meal without paying a small fortune for a stir fry sauce.




Beef Satay Stirfry - served 2 adults

Ingredients

Method
Half an onion cut into thin half moons
Half a carrot, cut into julienne strips
1 clove garlic, finely sliced
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
200g steak cut into very thin strips
1 pepper, cut into thin strips (I used half a green pepper and half red pepper)
1 tsp oil

Sauce

1 rounded tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce

To serve

Rice or noodles

Method

Blend the sauce ingredients together with 3 tbsp boiling water and blend to mix in the peanut butter.

Prepare any noodles or rice you would like to serve with it.  (I cooked some noodles for one minute less than suggested on the packet, drained them and stir fried with the beef but you could also serve on the side or use rice.)



Prep your vegetables and meat so everything is ready to go.



Heat the oil in a wok and add the carrot and onion.  Stir fry for a couple of minutes until softening.  Add in the garlic, ginger and then quickly follow with the beef and pepper.  Stir around for a few seconds and then add in the sauce.  Heat until everything is bubbling and the beef is just cooked.  If liked stir in the noodles (if using).  Serve.


What a roller coaster week this has been.  I've had to scrape myself off the floor emotionally more than once.  It's been tough times in the Mamacook household for everyone.  A big hug goes out to all of those friends and family who are supporting me through these tough times.  You know who you are and your love and support is all that's keeping me going some days.


I've linked this to Totally Tasty Tuesdays here.

I've linked this up here and to this:


BWS tips button

8 comments:

  1. This looks just fantastic. Great picture. I cannot wait to try our recipe. Come over and visit us. We would love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your links! Just awesome! Thank you, Sarah I hope you are well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm fine. Just lots of other stuff kicking off in my life, mostly with work. It's a tough time but I'm muddling through.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful dish! I'd love for you to share this on my linky party, Southern Sundays, beginning tomorrow. Hope to see you there!
    www.alsiceofsouthern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Satay part of this recipe it makes a simple beef stir fry very interesting. Thanks for sharing it on Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Jonathan but I don't accept links within comments as they can often turn out to be spam.

      Delete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.