Sunday 24 April 2011

No Added Sugar Banana Muffins

This is a recipe I put together today.  Based on some I found online.  On reflection I'd probably increase the banana or maybe tone back the bicarb and sub some more baking powder; I find the saltiness from bicarb a little overpowering.  I also think a touch of acidity might help the flavour and the raising agent and perhaps a touch of vanilla wouldn't go amiss, maybe some dried fruit.  That said, my son and my husband were positive about them so it's definitely a starting point, although not as truly fantastic as the date loaf recipe.

I realised part way through that I'd only got 9 cake cases left.  D'oh!  I don't have any fancy silicone cupcake tins but I tried greasing my bog standard steel ones and it worked a treat.

No Added Sugar Banana Mini Muffins (makes approx 16)

Ingredients

3 Ripe Bananas - note, if you have some ripe bananas but don't feel like cooking, you can peel and freeze them and use them next time you're in the mood.
1tsp Cinnamon
1 Egg
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
175g Wholemeal Plain Flour
80g Melted Unsalted Butter



Method

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.

Put the bananas, butter and egg into a food processor and puree.  Pour into a bowl.  Add the dry ingredients and mix quickly; don't overmix, apparently that's the secret with muffins.  Line a cupcake tin with cases or butter with extra melted unsalted butter.  Put a generous dsp into each case.  Bake for around 14-16 mins.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I am loving the recent recipes. Have tried a few out and they have gone down really well, thank you.
    Good luck with the new job.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! Glad you enjoy and I hope the new job will still allow me enough time to post.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.