Sunday 8 April 2012

Sugar Free Baking Linky

Well here is my second ever attempt at a linky.



In my blog I feature a lot of baking which contains no added sugar or savoury versions of foods which typically are eaten as sweets.  Why do I do this?  Well originally I perhaps took government guidance to heart that babies are "sweet enough already" but as my son has got older, it's made me question my approach to cooking, baking in particular and wonder whether it is necessary to include as much sugar as I normally would.  I have nothing against using sugar and I would rather use sugar for my son than artificial sweeteners but to protect his teeth and keep him interested in a wide range of foods, it seems like a good idea to limit ultra sweet foods in his diet.



So this has prompted me to come up with several recipes which contain no added sugar or are savoury versions of 'normal' baked goods.  A lot of these are sweetened with dried or fresh fruit which isn't without its nutritional problems, however, at least they include significant amounts of fibre, vitamins, minerals and other healthy stuff which sugar lacks.



My favourite recipes have to be my no added sugar biscuits, scones and my date loaf (pictured above) but what are yours?

So, here is my linky and here are the 'rules' (rules control the fun remember?)

  • Please link back to this post within your post.
  • Please link up baking recipes, sweet or savoury which contain no added sugar, honey, syrup or artificial sweeteners.
  • Please link up as many recipes as you like and spread the word!
Add your link below by clicking on the little oval saying "add your link"!

3 comments:

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.