Saturday 3 March 2012

Prawn Stir Fry

I tried my son on noodles when he was much younger.  It wasn't a 'hit', he just didn't get the idea, however, I decided to try again today.  We were coming back from Mums and Tots and I needed to cook something quick for our lunch.  I wanted to do something more interesting than a sandwich so I decided to cook this.  Definitely a hit now!




Prawn Stir Fry - serves 1 Mummy and 1 Toddler (reduce soy content if feeding to under 1s)

Ingredients

A couple of slices of ginger, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
1 spring onion, chopped into rings
1 red pepper, cut into sticks
4-5 mushrooms, cut into thick slices
Approx 8 large raw prawns (or could use more smaller cooked prawns if you like), thawed if frozen
1 'layer' of dried noodles - this weighed approx xxg from my pack or the "straight to wok" kind if you prefer.
2 tsp soy sauce
Spray oil or vegetable oil

Method

Follow pack instructions to cook the noodles (some need boiling, some can just be soaked in boiling water, some are "straight to wok".)

In the meantime, fry the garlic, ginger and spring onion in a wok in the spray oil or oil.  Then add in the mushrooms and prawns (if raw, add a little later if cooked) then after 2 mins or so, add the soy and pepper and cook until everything is cooked through adding in the cooked noodles at the end.

It was very sweet seeing my toddler son finally get to grips with noodles.  He's not the best at allowing his hands to get dirty but after trying with a spoon and a fork, he went hands in, the sauce all over his face in no time!  Super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.