Wednesday 28 March 2012

Pink Milk for Toddlers and Older Kids

The unseasonably warm weather recently turned my mind to milkshakes.  Normally laden with sugar I thought I'd have a go at something without.



This was pretty good if I do say so myself and as there is no way strawberries are in season yet (I can never wait for them) this will only be better when British strawberries do come in.  Some kids who have issues with texture might not like the seeds.  I have left them in but there would be nothing stopping you sieving them out if you or your child prefers.  I also think you could make something similar with other fruits.  Banana might be good but then it obviously won't be pink...

Pink Milk for Toddlers, Older Kids and Adults (well I liked it) - makes two small glasses or one large one



Ingredients

250ml Full Fat Milk
4 large, ripe strawberries, washed, hulled (i.e. green bit removed) and chopped
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Method

Erm, put it all into a blender and blend!  Pour into a glass.


All gone!


Ok, that's probably the shortest recipe I've ever written.

This has been submitted to the pennywise platter linky as a healthy cheap treat.  If you think about it, a milkshake from a shop can easily cost as much as £2, this is far more healthy and cheap too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.