Saturday 8 October 2011

Quadruple Chocolate Cookies NOT a baby recipe!

I don't want you to think I'm some kind of 'no sugar' joyless monk.  We all need a bit of fun and this recipe was a reason my husband asked me to marry him I reckon.  Well that and crumble maybe.



My other half has been nagging me for a good couple of years to make these again but after one bad batch (yes I know, kind of ridiculous to give up on a favourite recipe), it put me off.  I think I used real butter rather than margarine from memory and they just ran all over the tray.  Don't let that put you off though, I've been making this recipe for about 10 years and it was the only time they went wrong.


Sorry about the ounces, this was a recipe from my mum which I adapted (I added the stupid amounts of chocolate) and she works in ounces.  I can see her point, it does work better for baking I think.

Quadruple Chocolate Cookies - for serious cookie fan adults only!

Ingredients

4oz Margarine
4oz SR flour
4oz Caster Sugar
1oz Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 rounded tbsp Cornflour
2oz each (approx) of milk, plain and white chocolate (my favourites are green and blacks milk, Lindt 70% plain and milkybar)

Method

Preheat the oven to 200oC

Soften the margarine slightly (can do this on a low or defrost setting in the microwave) and cream with the sugar.  Add in the remaining ingredients apart from the chocolate and mix well.  I use some twirly mixing beaters on a hand mixer but you could use a food processor, just empty out before adding the chocolate.

Add in the chopped chocolate and mix well.  Now get your hands in to form it all together into a soft dough.  Form into balls the size of a walnut, put some non stick baking paper on trays.  Put the balls on the tray and flatten slightly.  Space them well as they will spread.

Bake for 10-12 minutes (up to 15 if you like a firmer cookie) and leave to cool slightly on the trays before removing to a cooling rack.  They will stay slightly softer if you cook for the shorter cooking time and be firmer the longer you cook them.

I have no idea how long they last, I think 48 hours without all being eaten is the record in our house!

1 comment:

  1. These sound amazing. Can't wait to give them a try. I saw your link on Carole's Chatter.

    PS: I hear marriages that are held together by cookies and crumble are the strongest. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.