Saturday 13 October 2012

Fruity Prune Muffins

I have to be honest, prunes had too much of a healthy reputation for me to give them a go but I tried a pack of ready to eat (rehydrated) prunes recently and they are surprisingly tasty and have such big natural sweetness so I gave them a go in a muffin.

I'm not convinced this is perfected yet but my son seemed to like them.  Try to get the prune pieces small so you get a few in each mini muffin otherwise some bites won't be sweet enough.




Fruity Prune Muffins - Makes about 12 - 18

Ingredients

100g, 3.5 oz Self Raising flour (or plain / all purpose flour with added baking powder)
40g, 1.5oz Porridge oats
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
140g, 5oz Full fat yoghurt
1 tbsp Fruit juice (whatever you have in, apple, orange etc)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
3 tbsp of Vegetable oil
1 Egg
140g, 5oz Chopped ready to eat prunes

Method

Preheat the oven to 170oC (fan), 180oC (conventional), 350F, about gas mark 4.

Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, bicarb and prunes together.  In a separate jug mix the yoghurt, fruit juice, oil and egg.

Grease a mini muffin tin.

Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and combine quickly, don't worry if any floury bits remain, you don't want to overwork it.



Bake for around 12 - 14 minutes or until risen, golden and springing back when touched.

I've linked this up to this linky here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.