Friday 20 June 2014

Banana and Honey Ice Lollies

I've never bought an ice lolly for my son which has led to full on, lying back, kicking, screaming because he wanted more.  Apart from my son's behaviour (and not wanting to reward it), it's not going to make you feel too bad giving him two.

It's also a great way to use up and store bananas which are past their best as you do want them slightly over-ripe.



Banana and Honey Ice Lollies - makes 4-6 depending on mould size

Ingredients

1 ripe banana
2 tsp runny honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
100g, 3.5oz Yogurt (low fat is fine)

Method

Peel and chop the banana.  Blend the ingredients together.  Pour into an ice lolly mould and freeze until solid.  Run some warm water over the outside of the mould to release them.



Don't give to under 1's due to the honey (you could always miss it out if your bananas are super ripe and sweet.)

4 comments:

  1. Can i share your recipe in my blog by mentioning respective source(your blog url) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's fine for this recipe only as long as you credit me. Please don't use the picture of my son though.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for allowing me to share your recipe on my blog. Also I'll not share any photos where any person visible. I wish your lucky son get new & tasty foods every morning. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.