Saturday 15 December 2012

Creamy Mushroom Pasta Bake for the Whole Family

Sorry about the lack of posts.  As I'm sure all Mummies feel at this time of year, it's like one foot is in the supermarket, one at work, a hand holding my son's hand and the other is stirring mincemeat / cake mixtures or writing menus.  It's like some festive torturous form of Twister!

So all of this plate spinning / balancing and generally spreading myself thinner than the merest scrape of Gentleman's Relish has meant I've not posted recently.  For that, kind readers, I apologise and will try harder in future!



This was a dish I made last weekend.  Serve, if liked, with some vegetables or salad.  Yummy!

Creamy Mushroom Pasta Bake - Serves 2 adults and 1 child

Ingredients

130g Pasta Shapes of your choice
260g Mushrooms
200ml Milk
1 tbsp Cornflour (cornstarch)
2-3 tbsp water
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp oil
75g Extra mature cheddar (sharp)
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp dijon mustard

Method

Preheat the oven to 200oC / 400F or equivalent.

Boil the pasta following the pack instructions taking one minute off the minimum cooking time (e.g. my pack said 10-12 minutes so I cooked it for 9.)

Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan and then mix the cornflour with enough water to make a paste.  Add whisking all of the time until thickened, then add in half of the cheddar, the thyme and mustard and set to one side.

Fry the mushrooms in the oil with the chopped garlic until softened.

Mix the mushrooms, pasta and sauce together and put into a baking dish sprinkling with the remaining cheddar.



Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling and browned.

I've linked this up here.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks wonderful and tasty :)Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays I have lots of mushrooms that need using,I think I will try this out for dinner..

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.