Friday 22 June 2012

Wish me luck!

Today is the awards ceremony for the Brilliance in Blogging awards and I am a finalist in the "Tasty" category.  I'm nervous, excited, thrilled, terrified!  Despite appearances having been in two local newspapers and on a BBC radio station in the last couple of weeks, I am incredibly shy but being passionate about what I do, I have taken the plunge moved out of my comfort zone and gone for it.  I never thought my little blog and recipes would be so successful!

So thank you kind readers.  Sorry for the lack of recipes, normal service will resume soon once the craziness of these few days has passed.  

In the meantime, if you want to hear what's going on, I have a twitter feed; follow @Mamacook_blog and no doubt I will be tweeting throughout the day and ceremony or search for #BiBs from around 7pm tonight.  Alternatively I've just set up a Mamacook email address for anyone interested in getting in touch:  Mamacook@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you everyone who nominated me and I'll let you know how it goes!  (Practicing my "I never expected to win, I am so happy you won, your blog is great" face right now.)

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't win, but have just taken a look at your blog and your photos are amazing. Have also subscribed as always on the look out for food blogs. I particularly like the look of the toddler friendly mussel recipe, love mussels so will definitely give that one a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'm proud of how far my photography has come.

      Yeah do try mussels, I was so proud of my son asking for more. I figure it takes a while for them to get the 'yuk factor' about such things or be influenced by friends so all they focus on is the flavour which is great. In fact a 2 year old might just be the most adventurous age if you give them a chance (and cope with occasional tantrum, throwing and incomprehensible "but I've NEVER liked that thing I liked yesterday".)

      Delete
  2. Lovely meeting you t the BiBs awards, and pleased I have found a new blog to look at for inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for chatting to me! It was terrifying coming to the BIBs on my own!

      Delete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.